Phillip Arnold – Guest Speaker at the RICS Real Estate Auctioneering Conference, 28th June 2017
Phillip Arnold will be a guest speaker at the annual Real Estate Auctioneering Conference on 28 June, at RICS headquarters, Parliament Square, London; Phillip will be taking part in the discussion ‘Auctioneering war wounds, confessions and bugbears’.
The conference will open with a networking lunch and a pre-conference presentation led by David Tate, Owner, Copelands, who will review whether prices at property auctions are determined by rational human behaviours and decision making. Throughout the afternoon, the conference will address the challenges facing property auctioneers and approaches to increasing the sector’s share of overall UK property sales. This event will offer a roundup of key developments in the sector, together with practically-focused case studies and legal updates.
The conference will include:
* the current economic outlook for the UK housing market with an opening address from Simon Rubinsohn, Chief Economist, RICS
* the impact of the ‘Stamp Duty’ Land Tax surcharge on the property auctions sector with John Leyden, CEO, Carbon Accountancy
* an interactive panel discussion with Mark Qualter, Director, Real Estate SME Lending Transformation, RBS, Philip Waterfield, Director, Strettons and Scott Hendry, Director, Together on building a dialogue with the mortgage industry to improve the property-purchasing experience
* Peter Bolton-King and Christine O'Rourke, RICS will discuss how the effective regulation of the property auction sector can be achieved
* in-depth discussion with a panel of auction houses including Phillip Arnold, looking at the industry, potential improvements and how it can be better regulated
To view the full agenda and speaker line up, or to register your place, visit www.rics.org/realestateauction